For your convenience, directions are provided below by car, by truck, and by public transportation. Additional "Getting Here" information from Javits Center here as well.
There are many parking garages throughout the Javits Center vicinity. Please refer to Parking for locations and phone numbers of convenient parking near us. We are located on 11th Avenue between 34th and 39th Streets.
From the North (Westchester, Connecticut, Massachusetts)
- 95 South (via the Cross-Bronx Expressway) to the George Washington Bridge. At approach to bridge, bear right to lower level. Exit at the last exit in New York Parkway South 9A. Follow Parkway South (Henry Hudson Parkway/West Side Highway) to 42nd Street. Turn left. Go one block to 11th Avenue and turn right.
- Saw Mill River Parkway/Henry Hudson Parkway/Route 9A -- Follow 9A South to 42nd Street. Turn Left. Go one block to 11th Avenue and turn right.
- New York State Thruway/Major Deegan Expressway/Route 87 -- Major Deegan Expressway to George Washington Bridge exit. Stay in right lane towards lower level. Exit at the last exit in New York Parkway South 9A. Follow Parkway South (Henry Hudson Parkway/West Side Highway) to 42nd Street. Turn left. Go one block to 11th Avenue and turn right.
From the South (New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Etc.)
- 95 North to the New Jersey Turnpike. Exit at the Lincoln Tunnel. When exiting the tunnel, bear left. Follow signs for uptown or northbound to 42nd Street. Turn left onto 42nd Street until you reach 11th Avenue and turn left.
- George Washington Bridge to Parkway South 9A. At 42nd Street, turn left. Go one block to 11th Avenue and turn right.
From Queens and Long Island
- Queens-Midtown Tunnel -- Take Southbound or Downtown exit to 34th Street and turn right. Go west to 12th Avenue and turn right on 12th Avenue to 39th Street where you turn right.
- Queensboro/59th Street Bridge -- Take 60/61st Street Exit. Go to 5th Avenue alongside Central Park to 59th Street. Turn right onto 59th Street to 7th Avenue and turn left. Go two blocks to 57th Street and turn right. Follow 57th Street to 11th Avenue and turn left.
- From Staten Island -- Verrazano-Narrows Bridge eastbound to the Gowanus Expressway, to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel. Exit westbound to the West Side Highway/12th Avenue. At 39th Street, turn right. Go one block to 11th Avenue.
Parking Lots and Garages
There are a variety of lots open, ranging from 24-hour,7-day a week, to more limited service. So, if you have any questions make sure to call ahead. See available parking discounts.
- 541W.38th St 10th & 11th Ave. 212-502-4390
- 332W.44th St. 8th & 9th Ave. 212-757-8375
- 306W.44th St 8th & 9th Ave. 212-247-5807
- 541-551W. 38th St. 10th & 11th Aves 212-502-4390
- 625 8th Ave/42nd St. 8th & 9th Ave. 212-502-2341
- 640W 42nd St. 500-516 12th Ave 212-502-4887
- 417W.35th St. 9th & 10th Aves 646-674-1888
- 485 10th Ave 10Ave. & 37th St. 917-339-0212
- 550W 37th St. 11th Ave & 37th St. 212-643-6649
- 433-9W. 37th St. 9th &10th Ave 212-695-6626
- 444 10th Ave 10th Ave on 35th 212-904-1395
- 445W 35th St. 10th Ave. & Dyer 212-244-5119
- 416W 36th St. 36th & Dyer 212-279-9521
- 325W 34th St. 8th & 9th Ave. 212-279-7310
- 441W 9th 34th St. & 9th Ave 212-594-5242
- 641 West 59th Street (between 11th and 12th) 212-265-1189
- Trump Lot 60th & 11th Avenue 212/246-4256
Please note that our marshaling yard is on 33rd Street between 11th and 12th Avenues. Trucks higher than 12 ft. 6 in. will not clear tunnels. They must use a bridge. Ask the height of the trucks to be certain. Also, remember that no trucks are allowed on parkways.
95 South (via the Cross Bronx-Expressway): Exit at Amsterdam Avenue and cross the University Avenue Bridge to 181st Street. Turn left onto Broadway (see Street Directions below).
87 South (via the Major Deegan Expressway): Exit at 155th Street/Macombs Dam Bridge. Continue west on 155th Street to Broadway where you turn left (see Street Directions below).
Triborough Bridge: To Manhattan. Exit at 125th Street. Go west to Broadway and turn left (see Street Directions below).
Street Directions: Continue on Broadway to the intersection of Broadway, West 65th Street and Columbus Avenue. Bear right onto Columbus. This becomes 9th Avenue at 59th Street. Stay on 9th Avenue to 34th Street. Turn right onto 34th Street to 12th Avenue, turn right. At 39th Street, turn right.
12' 6" and under: From Long Island Route 495 (Long Island Expressway): To Queens Midtown Tunnel. Take southbound or downtown exit to 34th Street and turn right. Go west to 12th Avenue and turn right. At 39th Street turn right.
From Staten Island and Brooklyn: From the Verrazanno Narrows Bridge, take the Gowanus Expressway to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel. Follow westbound signs to 12th Avenue. At 39th Street turn right.
Over 12' 6": Manhattan Bridge: Follow westbound signs to 12th Avenue. Continue on 12th Avenue until 39th Street. Turn right.
New Jersey Approach: See directions from George Washington Bridge.
Please keep in mind that the public transportation fare is $2.00. The subways accept tokens and MetroCards. Buses accept tokens, MetroCards and exact change fares. With MetroCards you can transfer from subway to bus and bus to subway for one fare. MetroCards are available at the Javits Center as well as local stores.Buses
- M34: Runs east/west on 34th Street. Stops on 11th Avenue outside the Javits Center and at Penn Station.
- M42: Runs east/west on 42nd street. Stops directly outside the Javits Center and at Grand Central Station.
- Port Authority: New Jersey Transit and other buses arrive at the Port Authority terminal at 42nd Street between 8th and 9th Avenues. The M42 will bring you from there to the Javits Center.
- The following trains stop at 34th Street/Penn Station: The Long Island Railroad, Amtrak, New Jersey Transit, PATH (33rd Street and 6th Avenue)
- The following subway lines stop at 34th Street:
- 34th & 8th Avenue: A, C, E
- 34th & 7th Avenue: 1,2,3
- 34th & 6th Avenue: B,D,F,M,N,Q,R,W
- The following trains stop at 42nd Street: Metro-North Railroad trains stop at Grand Central Station at 42nd Street between Lexington and Vanderbilt Avenues.
- The following subway lines stop at 42nd Street:
- 42nd & 8th Avenue: A, C, E
- 42nd & 7th Avenue: N,Q,R, S, W, 1,2,3,7
- 42nd & 6th Avenue: B,D,F,M,
- 42nd & Lexington Avenue: S,4,5,6,7
For further information, call MTA Travel info: 718.330.1234.
The NY Waterway operates a ferry from Weehawken, NJ.In just 4 minutes the ferry takes you across the Hudson River to 39th Street and 12th Avenue, just one block from the Javits Center. Just park at the convenient lot adjacent to the ferry terminal and take a ferry which leaves every 10 - 15 minutes during peak hours.
Call 1-800-53-FERRY for schedule and information.